My New Favorite Cookie...
Mmmmm...I'm sitting here at work eating my new favorite cookie: RUSSIAN TEA CAKES!! Ok, ok I know, not the healthiest breakfast, but hey as my brother says "Eat healthy, exercise often, die anyway!" =) Might as well enjoy life, God gave us a sweet tooth and taste buds for a reason! As my Grandma taught me "Eat dessert first, you never know when the rapture might come!"

These things are delicious and addictive. They were giving away boxes of them at school this week and I ate almost a whole box that day. They are like a donut and a cookie mixed perfectly and the powdered sugar on the outside is the clincher. I've always liked these things at holidays or pot lucks when someone makes them, but I never knew what they were called...know I know not only the name to put with my addiction, but also how to make them. You should all make them for your holidays! Here's the recipe:
RUSSIAN TEACAKES
- 1 cup of butter, softened (no substitutions)
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Additional confectioner's sugar (YEE-AH!!), for dredging
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix butter, sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Work in flour, salt and nits until dough holds together when squeezed. Shape into 1 inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until set but not brown. While warm, roll in powdered sugar. Cool on a wire rack. Once completely cool, roll again in powdered sugar.






2 Comments:
mmm they look sooo good! I will totally have to try to make them!
these are goooood!
Post a Comment
<< Home